Sunday, December 30, 2007

Madelyn's First Birthday

Yeah!! I'm a year old!!
I wasn't quite sure what to think of everything. Everyone was singing and there was fire.
The first taste of birthday cake.
I was very dainty and didn't want to get to dirty. Mom and Dad thought I might really make a mess so they stripped me down to my diaper. I just used my fingertips and licked the icing off. Mom tried to encourage me to dig in by helping me find the cake under the icing.
If you could just hold that there I can lick off the icing and not get my hands all messy.
Dad tried to encourage me to get into the cake. These people are crazy! They all stood around and watched me eat something they seldom let me have a taste of, let alone my own plate full. I was very neat and dainty and they wanted me to get it everywhere. I don't get it, I think they are just NUTS!
This does taste pretty good
This is what I needed!!! A fork keeps me much cleaner than using my hands. Besides, I'm a big girl now and I know exactly how to use it.
Mommy made the cakes for my birthday. I had a barnyard party complete with pig and chick cupcakes.
Here's the barn cake
Madelyn's very own cake
My buddy Titus helped me open some of my presents
I have lots of people that love me that came to my party. Aunt Suzette, Uncle Ryan and Adriana. Treece and Allison. Brenda, Titus and Grant. Daniel, Kate and Ava. Grandpa and Grandma Freidenberger. Great Grandpa and Grandma Freidenberger.
Grandpa and Grandma Freidenberger and Great Grandpa and Grandma Freidenberger drove up from La Junta for my birthday party.